Who are troocost? What do we do?
Troocost is a commercial energy consultancy that is named and built on pure and complete transparency.
We have built the business in a way that our customers (which range in size from small consuming SMEs to large multi-site corporations) have full visibility of their energy contracts and all the associated costs, whether that be commodity, non-commodity, or the commission we earn for consulting upon, securing and looking after the account moving forward.
We have positioned our business in the market to be able to offer consumers of all sizes a single place to obtain and manage all of their energy needs. We carry out everything from procurement, negotiation and flexible purchasing all the way through to renewable strategies (solar, CHP, biomass, EV charging) and even ‘at your fingertips’ app-based energy monitoring software to give our customers the capability to deep dive and delve into their energy data to identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
Established in 2017, the company has come on in leaps in bounds supported by continued and consistent growth of sales and inward investment from a private equity company to support our planned growth to take the business to 200 heads over the next three financial periods.
We are now looking for new people to join the organisation to support the growth for both Troocost, and the successful candidates’ career.
What will you be doing every day?
Your daily role and responsibilities are:
- High volume cold calling to build relationships with internal key decision makers regarding their commercial energy accounts
- Advising customers on their current energy accounts and the best strategy to manage their scenario moving forward
- Building trust to a point where a customer feels comfortable enough to use the company service to secure their future energy contracts
- On going management of customers accounts to maintain relationships and guarantee future business, recommendations and renewals
- Updating the internal database accurately and efficiently
- Always providing an upfront and honest customer service to maintain the Troo brand
What do you need to hit the ground running?
We’re looking for people with these skills and experiences:
- Ideally – existing experience within the commercial energy consultancy sector in a sales capacity
- A minimum of 2 years of consistent direct ‘cold’ sales experience in another industry
- Highly driven to succeed and money motivated
- Proud to provide a high level of customer satisfaction 100% of the time
- Comfortable using a range of computer based systems (word, excel, CRM, Outlook etc)
- The willingness to learn, take on board constructive criticism and put in the hard work to further develop your professional skills
- Confident on the telephone with the ability to take control of conversations and take them in the direction you want them to go
- Very articulate with and adapt to working with complex numbers and figures
- The ability to be able to breakdown and clearly explain complex situations to customers in an easy to understand method
- Well presented with strong business acumen
- The ability to converse with senior level and C-suite professionals
Why should you work for Troocost?
A few reasons why you should work at Troocost:
- Highly competitive industry-leading salary
- Unrivalled commission structure that can see you earn up to 20% of the total contract value with payments made on signature of contracts
- Contractual salary increases based purely on your own performance
- Weekly meter bonus paid in cash every Friday
- Work life balance – Monday to Thursday 9-5, Friday 9-3
- Internal incentives and company events
- Full training provided with extensive ongoing support and development
- The opportunity to study for registered qualifications
- On site, free parking
- Discounted corporate gym membership at David Lloyd Clubs (Luxury gym, swim and racquet club)
- A total of 28 days holiday – all bank holidays off
Think you belong at Troocost?
Send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our recruitment team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible.